Air Flow – Depends on blower size and output. At 2 PSIpressure and 1 mtr water head, with a reduced ½” inlet, the average flow rate per mtr is approximately 30 Ltrs per min (1.8 m3 / hr). However with an inlet of 1” the average flow rate per mtr goes up to 65 Ltr / min (approx. 4 m3/hr) However since bursting is not a concern, the air flow can increase as high as required by increasing blower and motor size. This is not however useful for aeration purpose since the flow will be too high to have any meaningful dissolution of air.
Bubble size – varies with depth of installation and blower pressure. At 1.5 mtr depth, bubble size at exit of tube is less than 1 mm, at a pressure of 2.0 PSI. However it will change depending on salinity, air flow from blower, pressure, water depth, etc.
- For best results, ensure all piping and joints are free of air leakage
- Install at a height of at least 12” above floor of the pond. If it is PE lined pond then the tube can be installed at 6” above bottom.
- Install on all sides of the pond
- Operate as long as possible, preferably 24 / 7 to avoid any choking of the micro holes
- Minimum bending radius – 0.6 mtr
- Fittings to be used are 1” / 25 mm fittings
- Minimum Inlet pipe size – ½” / 12 mm. However recommended inlet size is 1” / 25 mm